Thank you everyone who entered the giveaway! The giveaway is now closed and the winner will be contacted by the author!
As part of the ‘Bleedover Blog Tour’ I will be giving away a copy of the eBook to one lucky winner.
The author is also giving away a $50 Gift card to one lucky winner who will be chosen from across the blog tour. The link to enter this giveaway is available below the entry form.
About the book:
An intriguing phenomenon in literature and arts.
A maverick professor’s quest to find answers.
And a discovery that will shock the world.
Books, TV, film, advertising. It’s all being mysteriously altered, and no one knows why. Dr. Harriet Sterling claims she understands, even if no one believes her. She calls it the New Phenomenon of Bleedover.
She’s alone, though, because the science establishment stands in her way. When trusted graduate students generate an apple out of thin air in a controversial bleedover project, the world takes notice. So does an old enemy thirsty for revenge, Corbin Lyell, who manipulates bleedover to hurtle monstrosities from the world of his pulp heroes, H.P. Lovecraft and R.E. Howard.
Dr. Sterling must stop Lyell’s apocalyptic plans, but with enemies on all sides undermining her discovery, can she succeed?
With a heady mixture of serious literature and genre fiction, Bleedover dazzles as a thought-provoking work of science fiction and contemporary fantasy that both inspires and entertains.
Giveaway of ONE copy of ‘Bleedover’
How to enter the giveaway:
- Your name and email address ensure 1 (one) entry.
- Following me on twitter gives you 1 (one) additional entry.
- ‘Liking’ my Facebook page gives you 1 (one) additional entry.
- Following this blog by email gives you 2 (two) ) additional entries.
- Maximum number of entries per user is 5.
- If you are already doing any of the above, just leave your details below, including you twitter username, Facebook name if different and email you used to follow me, and you will receive the extra entries.
To enter the $50 Gift Card giveaway, please follow this link:
- Only one entry per user.
- Giveaway is open internationally
- Entries will be open till February 15, 2012
- I will notify the author of the winner, and will pass your email address to him. The author will contact the winner.
- It is the responsibility of the author to ensure that you receive your book. If you do not receive your book in 30 days, please let me know.
- My decision of the winner will be final, I will use a publicly available random number generator to pick the winner.
Bleedover by Curtis Hox
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Bleedover is a novel which has elements of both fantasy and science fiction, just the way I like it! Let me start by talking a bit about the concept of ‘Bleedover’ which the author has created. All kinds of art such as books, movies as well as company logos are starting to get altered unexplainably. For example, the text of published books is altered, or new scenes get added to movies. The book’s protagonists find a way to harness this Bleedover and end up bringing the fictional world into reality. Once this fact is accepted, the book becomes a fast paced suspense thriller.
Both the main characters subscribe to different views of what Bleedover is, how and for what it should be harnessed. Both of them live completely different lives. Dr Harriet Sterling is a tenured college professor who lives in her basement office, while Corbin Lyell is the head of a large conglomerate. This is a story about each trying to prove their worldview and their methodologies right. Their ‘war’ ends up hurting a number of people who are caught in the middle, with people ending up dead. The stark difference in attitudes of Dr Sterling and Corbin Lyell is beautifully portrayed. Dr Sterling plays by the rules mostly and is unwilling to hurt anyone in the process of proving her point. On the other end of the spectrum, Corbin Lyell is ready to do anything to prove himself right, including murders. He is so obsessed with beating Dr Sterling, that he ignores all risks and ends up paying dearly for it in the end.